Ready, Steady, Write # 10

Story
Find
Words
In
The
Fog
Share your findings below…

8 Responses to “Ready, Steady, Write # 10”

1. Anonymous
    April 13, 2012 at 12:37 am #

I trail my feet through this fog day after day. I see the same people who once long ago used to at least glance at me. But after what happened, why would they? Why would they care that something deep inside me snapped, taking away my tongue. Taking away my courage, but I'm not sure I ever had courage. Enough to try and stop that car. To try and prevent the day that everything would be gone.C.E.G.

2. Erin
    April 14, 2012 at 3:06 am #

A world from home, before strangers stretched and stepped outside, I walked down dawn-pale streets. Alone I faced the fog: my arms outstretched to meet its cooling breath, my heart flung open wide, my soul at last prepared to step into the future's unknown.(Glad we hooked up via Twitter! You have a lovely, inspiring site, and though I'm not much of a writer of this sort, you make me want to try! Best, Erin)

3. Rory Green
    April 14, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

Hi Erin! Thank you for adding such a beautiful contribution to this community of words… I love your description of 'dawn-pale streets'. It is wonderful to know I am inspiring readers to write. My intention is just that… to excite people about the possibilities, rather than obsessing on the 'product'. Often when we let go and just jump in (even with a few lines) is when the most invigorating, and meaningful words can appear. Words that connect you to others and self. Your piece is a lovely example!Please keep coming back! There will be lots of opportunities to weave in word threads…

4. Rory Green
    April 14, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

Very evocative and mysterious… my imagination is spinning! Sounds like the beginning of something bigger… thank you for sharing C.E.G.

5. Anonymous
    April 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

The fog is perfect for today. I feel hidden. Perhaps I will go unnoticed. Remarkable. It's like some force greater than myself is helping me. Pulling closed the curtains of prying eyes and sunshine thoughts. Moving quickly, I can slither toward my dark task ahead. It's not like I'll enjoy what I'm about to do. It's just the only way now. I'm resolved. This course is all there is for me now. I mustn't distract myself with hopeless thoughts of redemption. I've nothing to lose…anymore.Gritting my teeth, feeling the pain I've caused and my stupid mistakes, I let the anger and rage fill me until they propel me to strike!

6. Rory Green
    April 16, 2012 at 4:02 am #

Thank you for your contribution! "Pulling closed the curtains of prying eyes and sunshine thoughts." Such a powerful line!

7. Anonymous
    April 18, 2012 at 9:48 pm #

How many have trod this uneven path? With dainty feet and parasol aloft, with laced boots and a gaily trundled hoop, or hobnailed leather and an eye to bombers above. Same street, same fog, passive to passing feet, to passing years, to passing dramas and passing fancies. The worn path giving comfort in its experience, of every hope, every disappointment, every spring and every autumn, and persisting, present, solid and shrouded.

8. Rory Green
    April 20, 2012 at 5:02 am #

"Same street, same fog, passive to passing feet, to passing years, to passing dramas and passing fancies…" very poignant imagery illustrating how times slips through our fingers while 'places' become the spectators to our lives. Beautiful…