Playing Along share the FREE Love!

images-1

Today I’m excited to be visiting another blogger and new found friend, Melissa Fu, over at her lovely site, One Tree Bohemia. Melissa is a wonderfully insightful writer and she interviewed me about my novel, Playing Along, and about Write To Be You. I enjoyed having a virtual cup of tea with her and I hope she will be visiting me in return. Melissa is an American living in the UK, and I am a Londoner living in LA – so we have much in common!

Also, Playing Along, is FREE on KINDLE today  – Wednesday 20th March and tomorrow, Thursday 21st March. If you haven’t yet downloaded a copy or would like to tell a friend or two – please do!  Share the George and Lexi love! Click HERE to download

And now, please join me with a cuppa as I chat to Melissa … Click HERE for the interview.

Ten minute writing prompt!! If you could sit and have a chat and a cup of tea with anyone – dead or alive – who would it be? What would you ask? Grab the details of the moment – how might you feel? What would you hear? Taste? Smell? See? Share your findings in the comments!

6 Responses to “Playing Along share the FREE Love!”

1. Dawn
    March 20, 2013 at 2:56 pm #

Hi Rory,
    I read all your postings. I love your writing, it touches me and I find such pleasure in your honesty and way in which you express your thoughts. Today, I enjoyed reading your interview with Melissa Fu. Instead of booking hotels for my sons college trip he will be departing for next week with my husband, I spend far too long getting lost in Melissa’s postings. She is such a smart and enlightened author, and like you shares her story with such honesty. I can see why your cyber paths have crossed. Thank you both for all you do for those of us who enjoy your talent!

• melissa
      April 18, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

Hi Dawn – What kind words. I’m so glad you enjoyed my writing, too! Hope the college trip went well. Do you have a website? – Melissa

2. carol hogg
    March 21, 2013 at 6:19 am #

hi Rory, i read this post last night and just writing to tell you my findings on the 10 minute cup of tea thing – first of all i thought cool i’d have a cup of tea with madonna and ask her to direct the musical screenplay i’m writing since we did kinda write some of it together in dreams over the years – no i’m not crazy – they’re well documented somewhere in the loft. but then i thought actually no, m can wait – i’d love to have tea with my grandma who passed away in 2009, grandma was a medium and a huge influence on my life but in later years she had dementia and because of my illness i spent every day with her and she loved her tea, and kept asking for a cup, even if it was just in front of her – anyway as soon as i thought about her a strong smell of tea filled my room – and when i fell asleep – i really did have a cup of tea with her – amazing since ive only dreamt about her once since she died. so thank you Rory.

• Rory Green
      March 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

Carol – I’m thrilled to hear that my post inspired a dream visit from your grandmother – very special! Better than Madonna any day!

3. Karen H.
    April 23, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

Great interview!

4. Karen H.
    April 24, 2013 at 7:22 am #

If I could have a cup of tea with anyone in the world alive or dead, I would choose my mom. I would welcome her to my cozy home in Maine because I would want her to see where we come home to every summer, in my familiar surroundings. Also to see me for who I am now, who I’ve become. I am a mother, a wife, a grown woman three years older than she got to be.
    I imagine her appearing all of the sudden in the afternoon light of the living room, already seated on my white comfy love-seat where I usually drink my tea. I would be next to her, watching her every move in wonder and amazement. Her being there with me would over power me, and I would reach out for her and fall into her arms. She would hold me as only a mom would. I know, because of how I hold my children, pressed up close to my heart. No words would be spoken. The only sound I would be able to express is the deep cry of longing that has been held up inside of me since I was nine. Thirty-four years of wanting her, of needing her, of loving her from the darkest and most bruised place in my heart would finally come to the surface as it never has before. I would hold on to her tightly, feeling the familiar shape of her shoulders up against my cheek and her long, thin arms wrapped around me, holding me close. As my sobbing would begin to subside, she would release me slowly, having cried along with me. Then we would smile.